Sunday, July 15, 2007

Not Going to See Weird Al


This week, “Weird Al” Yankovic and his White and Nerdy Band will be performing at the Orange County Fair. This will be the first time I’ve missed a chance to see them in ten years. I’ve seen Al and the band perform at the Henry Fonda, the Greek (more than once), the OC Fair (more than once), the Grove at Anaheim, and in Brea – any location they were playing in the LA/OC area, often getting to meet Al and Bermuda, and Steve. Maybe even Jim. I even met Al’s mother (may his parents rest in piece), Al’s wife, and Al’s dog. I’ve also stood in line two different occasions to have Al sign CDs.


But I need to be home with my wife and baby girl. I’m sure Al understands. After all, he and his wife have a little girl, too. At least I can see bits of the tour online, thanks for video sharing websites.

No comments: