Monday, March 06, 2006

KISS' Gene Simmons Inspired by Disney

The Outrageous Entrepreneur
Gene Simmons of KISS has built a mini-empire with his in-your-face media marketing.
By Josh Friedman, Times Staff Writer
March 4, 2006

Quotes:
>>Simmons, who calls himself "Disney without the overhead," still occasionally dons his KISS get-up to perform as the Demon.
[snip]
Born Chaim Witz in Haifa, Israel, Simmons immigrated to New York at age 8 with his mother after his father abandoned the family.

A matinee showing of Walt Disney Co.'s "Pinocchio" helped inspire Simmons to think big, he said.

"When Jiminy Cricket sang 'When You Wish Upon a Star,' I thought that little bug was singing to me," he said. "I walked out of that movie theater, and he had done more for me than any religious figure ever could. I was empowered. It was electrifying."<<

I wonder what Walt would think?

No comments: