This is how YOU can get Cleaning the Kingdom: Insider Tales of Keeping Walt's Dream Spotless by Ken Pellman and Lynn Barron.
1) Autographed softcovers can be bought from our official website: http://www.thesweepspot.com - Those will be delivered within a few mailing days.
2) It's on Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Cleaning-Kingdom-Insider-Keeping-Spotless-ebook/dp/B0134TK7J2
3) It's on Nook: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/cleaning-the-kingdom-lynn-barron/1122508782
4) If you must buy softcovers through Amazon, be sure to get them from seller The Sweep Spot for quick delivery and an autograph.
5) "Like" this Facebook page to stay updated on book signings and other appearances at which you'll be able to buy copies.
Cleaning the Kingdom book Disneyland Disney theme parks Anaheim tourism travel books
Monday, September 07, 2015
Friday, July 31, 2015
Cleaning the Kingdom: Insider Tales of Keeping Walt’s Dream Spotless has been a long time in the making.
I can’t recall exactly how long I’ve wanted to write a book – a certain book in particular. It’s been at least fifteen years. When we had our first Custodial Reunion a few years ago, I even took down some contact info as potential interviews. Working full time and having the responsibilities of a young family didn’t leave a lot of time to research and write.
Enter in my fellow jani, Lynn. The friendship we developed while working together in Disneyland Custodial has survived my becoming “apart of the magic” and his also doing the same and moving to Utah.
Lynn took the initiative in creating and hosting a podcast, The Sweep Spot, which is focused on Disneyland history, Disneyland Custodial, and also has covered Disneyland news and current events. He had me on as a recurring guest co-host as he went through two regular co-hosts. Then I became the regular co-host.
Now having some perspective distance from our time as cast members, we also started collaborating on a book.
Lynn explored how to get a book published.
Getting some input from podcast guests and through private communications with some of our former coworkers to infuse into what we were writing about our own personal experiences, we cobbled together a book that’s over 450 pages.
It’s an UNAUTHORIZED, honest, and affectionate tribute to the men and women we worked with and those who came before and those who’ve come after – the people who’ve kept the original Magic Kingdom clean. The book is partly our memoirs as well as a detailed look at how the world famous Disneyland Custodial team operates.
There are now many books on Disneyland, but no other book is like this. We share with you things you can’t find anywhere else.
This book is for:
1) Anyone interested in Disneyland.
2) Anyone interested in theme parks.
3) Anyone interested in Anaheim history.
4) Anyone interested in an effective custodial operations for high-traffic venues.
5) Current, former, and future Disneyland Custodial cast members.
6) Anyone who wants to know more about the authors.
You can order the softcover book (and t-shirts for our podcast) at The Sweep Spot official website.
You can order the Kindle version here.
The book’s official Facebook page is here.
As of this writing, the 2015 D23 Expo in Anaheim is ahead of us. We’ll be there Friday, August 14 through Sunday, August 16. Bring your cash or credit card to buy a softcover, or if you already have your softcover, I will autograph that copy, too.
If you want to order the softcover through Amazon, be sure you're getting it through The Sweep Spot as a seller, so you can get it more quickly, complete with autograph.\
By the way, here’s the official Facebook page for The Sweep Spot, which is our free podcast. You can find the podcast here, on iTunes, on MiceChat.com, TuneIn, and Stitcher.